If you are an aspiring writer and looking to test out your creativity, then Smashwords might just be what you are looking for. Smashwords is one of the largest online eBook distributors to libraries and digital platforms out there. You can easily publish your own e-book and earn monthly revenue through this platform.
Named one of the America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes, Smashwords is a trusted ebook publishing company and seller. All in all, the platform is a great way for indie authors and independent presses to make money from their writing.
How to get started with SmashWords?
So before you start publishing your content, here’s all you need to know:
- Create a free account by signing up HERE.
- Once you get your email confirmation, you’ll be required to download Smashwords Style Guide. This guide includes all the instructions you’d need to format your written manuscript.
- After going through the guide and formatting your document, you can simply hit publish. Now all you need to do is upload your book and its cover page.
- You can get your cover page designed from Fiverr or try it yourself if you are good at graphic designing.
Perks of Using Smashwords
- Global Retail Distribution: The main advantage of using Smashwords is that the platform allows writers to publish their work free of cost. The platform also provides global retail distribution to ebook stores including Apple Books, Scribd, Barnes and Noble, and more!
- Access to Publishing Tools: Users can take advantage of the various marketing and publishing tools in the Smashwords dashboard. These tools will be quite helpful during and after sales of your book. Some of these tools include:Daily Sales Reporting, Alerts, Coupon Manager, Pre-sales, Metadata Management (data for book’s price, description, and categorization), pricing Manager, and more!
- Audio Book Production:You can also get your ebook published as an Audio Book. The company has partnered with another company called “Findaway Voices”, where authors can search for narrators for their audiobooks.Once your audiobook publishes, the platform will distribute and sell it to their many sales outlets. So you get double the profit!
Smashwords pays its authors 85% of the net sales proceeds for their work. The company pays its authors through PayPal. For more details, you can go through the company’s FAQ Page.