Graphic design is a very versatile field and covers a variety of different types of design works. A graphic designer can be anyone; a logo designer, an illustrator, a digital artist, a typographer, and more. The possibilities in graphic design are endless, and so are the job opportunities. What if there was a way to sell graphic designs online?
In this day and age, visual communication has become a huge part of our life. Visual content helps convey information in a manner that engages and attracts the attention of people. This can be in form of advertisements, infographics, publications, videos, and more.
How to Earn Online with Graphic Design skills?
As said before, graphic design is a vast field, which means more opportunities to make money online. Every business along with other jobs needs a graphic designer; whether it be an educational, industrial, medical, financial, or advertising industry. Graphic design is a requirement for every kind of business to help them grow and help people engage with their businesses.
Graphic designers have the luxury to work from home easily. You just need a head full of good ideas, and a good computer. So here are 10 websites where designers can sell their graphic designs online.
- Canva: Canva of course tops the chart on this one. Being the most popular and easy graphic design platform to help new users make designs from scratch. Canva consists of free and paid design assets to help amateur designers to make captivating graphic designs on their platform.
Graphic designers can become a part of Cava’s contributor program; where you can sell design assets like photos, illustrations, stickers, and graphics on it. As a contributor, you can upload your designs, which get reviewed, and then uploaded to the platform to be used.
As a contributor, you earn royalties every time a user uses your assets in their design and pays to download them.
Sign Up for Canva here
How does it Pay
Canva pays its contributors through PayPal, Skrill, and Payoneer.
- Freepik: Freepik is one of the largest platforms for free and paid graphic resources in the world. Their website is dedicated to graphic designers by graphic designers.
Along with the company’s own graphic designers, you can also become a part of Freepik’s contributor program. Any graphic element that has a Golden Crown symbol on it is uploaded by FreePik contributors.Contributors can choose between two kinds of payment systems on Freepik. The first one is Pay Per Download. This calculation depends on the total number of downloads per month plus the number of subscribers per month.The second method is the RPI method. RPI stands for Returns Per Page and its calculation depends on your earnings for every image download. The higher the RPI, the more money you earn.
Sign Up for Freepik hereHow does it PayFreepik pays its contributors through PayPal and Payoneer.
- Redbubble: Redbubble is the biggest online marketplace for independent artists to sell digital art and earn money for their creations. The website specializes in print-on-demand products that feature artworks submitted by artists from around the world.As a seller, all you have to do is create your profile and start uploading your designs to different products online. You get paid every time a customer purchases a product featuring your artwork.The platform handles the production of all the merchandise featuring your artwork. They also dispatch the orders to all your customers so you don’t have to worry about anything other than the creation of the design.
Sign Up for Redbubble hereHow does it PayRedbubble has multiple payment options like PayPal, Amazon Payments, Apple Pay, Pre-paid debit cards, Credit cards, and Sofort.
- Shutterstock: Shutterstock is another popular, creative platform to sell your digital designs online.
As a digital artist, you can join their contributor program to sell digital assets like photos, illustrations, vector graphics, and videos. You get paid every time a user downloads your work.
Since your work as a digital designer is licensed, so each time a customer purchases your work, they are purchasing a license. As a contributor, you earn a percentage of what the customer pays for a license.
Sign Up for Shutterstock hereSkill, Payoneer, or PayPal.
- TemplateMonster:Templatemonster is a digital marketplace for all kinds of digital assets and templates like fonts, icons, vectors, PSDs, vector files, and more! It’s also a prime marketplace for selling WordPress and eCommerce themes as well.
The application process is quite simple. Authors have to simply upload their work, and set their own prices; once they are reviewed, they are ready to be purchased. The company provides a 65% commission for all graphic designs.Sign Up for Templatemonster here
How does it PayTemplatemonster pays its authors via PayPal, Payoneer, and Wire.
- Envato: ElementsEnvato Elements is one of the biggest libraries for digital art and assets out there. They sell everything from illustrations, videos, fonts, overlays and so much more.Create your Envato account to start selling online. You’ll get access to a lot of different tools on your Envato dashboard. For more details check out their FAQ page.
Sign Up for Envato Elements hereHow does it PayEnvato pays authors through PayPal, Payoneer, and SWIFT.
- Gumroad: This website is an eCommerce platform that lets designers make money from their digital art or assets. Graphic designers can set up an online store on this platform and dell their assets to customers online.It’s simple to make money here. Whenever your product sells, the company will charge a small fee from you. Their fee structure works in a way that the more you sell, the fewer fees you have to pay.Sign Up for Gumroad hereHow does it PayThe company pays its contributors through either Direct Deposit or PayPal.
- 99Designs is a freelance platform for graphic designers to sell their digital art to clients online. Graphic designers can sell anything from logos, artwork, web graphics, and more.It’s pretty straightforward for graphic designers can earn here. There are two ways to earn. You can either work directly with the clients or can compete in a design contest and earn if you win.Sign Up for 99Designs
How does it PayThere are 3 payment gateways that 99designs currently supports, Payoneer, Skrill, and PayPal.
- Creative Market: Creative Market is a great platform for graphic designers to create and sell web designs including logos, templates, etc.Users can create their own shops and earn by selling their designs. By becoming a shop owner you get to create your own products and update them whenever you wish and once the products are uploaded, they will go live immediately.Sign Up for Creative Space hereHow does it PayCreative Market pays its designers through Bank Deposits and PayPal. Designers get 70% from each sale of their digital assets, the rest goes to the creative market.
- DesignCrowd: DesignCrowd is a crowdsourcing platform for graphic designers. Graphic designers earn by competing in contests for logos or other digital assets for the client and make money from them if they win.Sign Up for DesignCrowd hereHow does it PayDesignCrowd pays its designers through Payoneer, PayPal, and Skill